Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lackadaisical

This is how I have been feeling since getting back to Nashville...not enthused about much, not wanting to enter back into everything...slow. For some reason I usually feel this way after vacation, especially one like this Christmas break which was so relaxing. I like my life here...a lot. During a lot of vacation though I can just ignore a lot of other things that are going on in life, especially the hard things...I like abandoning reality. So I wonder if that is why it is a tough blow to enter back into the trials of life and the reality of it all. Life isn't this fairy tale paradise where there isn't hardship. I appreciate the hardship, my heart still just longs for easy and comfortable. I know easy and comfortable isn't where I am meant to live, but it sure is nice. I know, as I have seen even in my own life, the good fruit that is born out of trial and messy and hard. Comfortable and easy also usually mean for me superficial as I am ignoring all that is brewing in my heart. In several days time I am sure I will resume my normal feeling about life here and about the things in my life that are a challenge. Each day does feel a little more normal and that is really mostly because I have my friends and community calling me back into it, reminding me of the sweetness of even the difficult stuff.
"Therefore strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble, and make straight paths for your feet." Hebrews 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment