Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sniff

I like books in general. But I also really like the smell of old books, even the smell of libraries...really a book store of old used books is incredible. Even if I would never read them, sometimes I just want to buy a lot of used old books, thinking about who read them, or who marked in them, or what that book meant to them.
So at some point along the way I bought an old book of Robert Frost's poems. I don't really understand poetry but I do enjoy reading it. I think I get something out of it, though not to the depths that most do. Many of his poems rhyme. Here is a little snippet from one I read today. This is from the end of Reluctance:
Ah, when to the heart of man
Was it ever less than treason
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?
Oh and turns out the trip isn't going to happen after all. Bummer. But I guess that means I am not supposed to be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment