Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Boys

Last week we did surgery on primarily women. This week we have 3 boys in the unit. Our first patient from yesterday did awesome and left early this morning. Our second patient, Dotta is still in the unit and doing okay, but having some complications this afternoon. Then today we did 2, one who did well and will hopefully get extubated soon and the other is still limping along a little. Pediatric cases are just a lot tougher than adults. It is hard not to feel a little disappointment that things are slower going and that we are not getting through as many cases, but we are here and I am trusting we will get to the children we need to. One of the big criteria when we select patients is will they be alive and operable by next year.
I am tired...feeling the long days back to back. My patience was wearing thin by this afternoon...I was not feeling like teaching and was frustrated that I have to explain things when the nurses shouldn't really know these things yet. It is challenging.
Praying that God will give me strength for each day, patience for each moment of teaching and rest that feels longer that it actually is. I work nights again the next 2.
Here is a pic from the top of Montego...sorry it isn't more. Tomorrow I should have more time to post since I will have the day free.

1 comment:

  1. your second paragraph is what I feel like with my kids someways. praying for you! and loved the manna reminder you got, too. I needed that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete