Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Manna

I have been feeling discouraged this week. I think the weariness of last week, the weight of all these patients and only so many days and hours to work to fix them have been wearing on me. I am forgetting who is my strength, forgetting who is doing the work, forgetting who is my stronghold, my fortress and my deliverer.
I emailed a friend last night just to ask her to pray. Then we went back to our place and stayed up too late laughing...my soul needed the laughter and silliness.
My friend emailed me back and reminded me about manna, how God provides. So I looked up Exodus 16. Here is what it says:
Then the Lord said to Moses, “I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions.  On the sixth day they are to prepare what they bring in, and that is to be twice as much as they gather on the other days.”
God will provide what I need, what our team needs for this day. He will rain down his provision. I am not to worry about tomorrow, or even my night tonight (we are doing the smallest child and the most complicated surgery we have ever attempted at Tenwek).
Praise the Lord for this... 

No comments:

Post a Comment