Friday, December 31, 2010

White Christmas

This year, I got an extra Christmas present...a white christmas. Those of you who know me know I love snow, love to be out in it, love to watch it fall. Somehow it is still incredibly magical to me. Combine that with Christmas and  it is almost like taking me to Disney World (well, not quite, but close). The snow started falling in Winston around 11 and didn't let up until the next day, which left us with over 6 inches. Those of you from the north think I am crazy, but I am okay with that.
We went out in it as the sun was setting, so house pre walk. And then post walk with the Christmas lights on.


This is how much we ended up getting! The next day, after going for a walk in the snowy roads, I talked John and Dad into sledding and snow man making. We are easily the oldest children that live in our cold-e-sac but we were the only ones out. But it was really fun...the boogie board made for the best runs down the front yard.



Most of those piles of snow are still the same size in my parents yard, so we got to enjoy it all week!

1 comment:

  1. looks like so much fun! I think the snow is magical and makes you be a little kid again...I still LOVE to play in the snow!!

    ReplyDelete