Saturday, December 11, 2010

December on Georgia

Here is our tree this year. I know...all the same ornaments. When I get to my parent's house I will show you what our tree was growing up...a big mish mash of ornaments, many homemade ones. Some of our homemade ones are just a picture we drew of a tree or my little girl handwriting that says Christmas or baby. But I don't have that many ornaments acquired, plus I like the red and silver ones. I am still looking for a tree topper that I like.
This is the third year Adrienne and I have picked out a tree and decorated together while watching the Grinch..crazy! This year several others in line were jealous of our tree..I think they were hoping we would put it down. We have mastered the skill of tapping the tree on the ground to shake it out (a skill we copied from someone else).
Now, Leah is a big fan of the outdoor decorations...here is the front of our house.

You can tell which side is hers. What is that on the far left, you might be wondering.
An inflatable moving snow globe! Yes..each year I think our outdoor collection will grow.
I am enjoying the smell of the tree and the lights. It is weird how just having a tree downstairs makes me stop a lot more and just sit...maybe I should keep it up year round so I rest more.

2 comments:

  1. the snow globe made the blog!!! YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love our tree trimming tradition! and it WAS the most popular tree at Lowe's.

    ps...love the globe :)

    ReplyDelete